Been a rough couple of days personally. Not sharing any details. Airing the dirty laundry would not help the situation at all. What I will do is focus on the blessings in my life.
1. My husband. He is my ROCK. The “stuff” I’m dealing with is indirectly affecting him too and he is simply overwhelming me with his commitment to protect me and do what he can to deal with the situation. He has put up with my crazy, musically obsessed self for more than 26 years now (we’ve been married for 24 of those). He is my biggest fan and my most treasured gift.
2. My kids. No, they are not perfect and we don’t always agree on everything. But they have provided me with hours of laughter, music and fun. We’ve wrestled through spiritual matters together, made memories together and occasionally driven each other crazy but I wouldn’t trade being their mom for ANYTHING.
3. I’ve met so many amazing people here in Fort Dodge that share my love of and passion for the performing arts. I am just more blessed than I deserve to get to work with these people on a regular basis!
4. My friend Connie. She and I really not much alike at all – she’s an athlete, I am SOOOO not; I’m a girlie girl, she’s more of a tomboy. But she always knows just when I need her support and love.
5. Another friend Katrina. She just makes my day better. She is one of the most loving, caring, compassionate people I know and I am lucky enough to call her friend!
6. Music. I am coming up on the 40th anniversary of my first piano lesson. Music has been my refuge, my emotional outlet, and my most authentic expression of worship. Hans Christian Anderson said it best – “Where words fail, music speaks.”
7. My faith. I have learned and grown so much in recent weeks and it’s the ONLY reason I’m surviving this situation now!
I have no clue what is coming next. I know I am not alone in dealing with the situation and I am truly blessed. Soli Deo Gloria.
One thought on “Choosing my Focus – Blessings”
I am humbled and proud to be on this list…you have no idea! Because I’m not good a remembering specific verses in the Bible (that’s the skill you bring to this friendship), I share this one that I keep above my desk at work.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9