This post is going to lean toward that disjointed/random thoughts kind of thing. Nothing HUGELY profound has happened recently, but several small things or conversations have reminded me of lessons that life has helped me learn. So here they are!
- Forgiveness is almost never solely about the other person. Sometimes it’s not about them at all. It’s about letting go of your “right” to get revenge and choose to move forward with a positive attitude
- If you seek to be a positive person who looks for the good in others, you will sometimes get burned by those who are willing to take advantage of others. But be a positive person anyway. Don’t give the “users” any power over your attitude and perspective.
- Not every one will like the work you do. But if the majority of the feedback is positive, learn what you can to improve – because EVERYONE has room to improve – and move forward!
- Your passion will not always be understood by others around you but don’t walk away from it no matter what. Your passion is YOURS because it is what you are supposed to pursue. You will eventually find others who share your passion and they will gladly share the journey!
- If you need to take time for you . . . do it and don’t apologize! Even the most social butterfly will find him/herself in need of some “down” time. If you feel the urge to put on comfy clothes and turn on Netflix, then do it.
One of the college classes I teach is intended to be taken by education majors. I tell my students all the time that it is imperative that they seek to learn new things for the rest of their lives. So I’m grateful that at 46 I can have lessons reinforced and maybe even learn a new thing or two!